Sunday, March 25, 2018

My yummy breakfast

So I got my nuts.com order last night.

Then I mixed them all EXCEPT the Oats (yea, a 5 liter jug from Home Goods) :

Then put into my crock pot. . . 
  1. ONE Cup Oats
  2. ONE Cup Nut MIX
  3. Four cups water

I only cooked it for about 4 hours - - - I mixed and started it all when I got home last night and it was DONE before I went to sleep . . . I will bring you samples Dad. . . 

The BIG reason for this mix is to AVOID the heavy carb's, having half nuts, makes it mostly Protein!

Course I add raw nuts and fruit when I serve it too... The coconut chips were a LOT better than the flakes, which I never noticed after cooking. I use the nut mix on my salad instead of croutons too. And will add it to the oatmeal in the morning since the cooked nutes get soft, and I like the crunch.

Now I cooked it all, put it into the fridge. This morning I started my coffee pot with only water, poured a little hot water into a cup of the cooked cold oatmeal from the fridge, add my percolator to the coffee pot. . . Then mix in fruit into my oatmeal and hot water. . . Creamy yummy, no microwave, no sugar, nothing toxic, and then my hot perked coffee with it! (yes, most coffee makers use an Aluminum heating element, which adds micro elemental Aluminum to calcify your brain!).

Here is my shopping list, this will last me months, if not all year!
Love you
eric

Product namePackagingQuantityUnit priceTotal
Organic Steel Cut Oats5 Pound Bags1$3.87/lb$19.35
Organic Coconut Chips (Unsweetened)1 Pound Bags1$5.99/lb$5.99
Organic Golden Flax Seed1 Pound Bags1$4.99/lb$4.99
Organic Chia Seeds1 Pound Bags1$9.99/lb$9.99
Organic Hemp Seeds (Raw, No Shell)1 Pound Bags1$16.99/lb$16.99
Organic Pepitas (No Shell Pumpkin Seeds)1 Pound Bags1$7.99/lb$7.99
Organic Sunflower Seeds (Raw, No Shell)1 Pound Bags1$4.99/lb$4.99

No comments:

Post a Comment