Tuesday, May 28, 2013

PhD. Degree

I recently was watching this Ted-Talk video:


and it reminded me of where I started: Walt Disney's Dreamers and Doers: AWARD WINNER 1985: Where I described a City of the Future in such detail and passion that you can feel and see how people "live with nature" using the advanced "technologies to facilitate" the mutual support and co-evolution of the environment and the society.   In his TED-Talk above I found the conclusion appropriately powerful:
Here in Tampa we try to stay in touch with the necessity and inspiration of a relationship to water for a more sustainable Florida . . .  The City of the Future, is where people live with nature and use technology to facilitate that living . . . Where people take better care of the water, appreciate the value of water, returning the book of water back to the library of the river.

What is so stunning for me now, is that I am still trying to define my own PhD. Degree as if I could ever do any better than this 1980 original:
The Doctor's Degree will seek to show the validity of this "hypothesis:" Life, through evolution, seeks to unify matter and energy into more concentrated complex forms to create more of these energies.
Maybe I need to get some way to chat about this with him in detail . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment